Friday, May 9, 2008

My Wine History

I have been a wine enthusiast for several years now. When I become passionate about something, I feel the need to learn everything I can about it. This compulsion led me to enroll in a lot of wine classes where I learned about wine-making, growing, wine regions, and what my personal preferences were. The classes also helped me hone my scent and flavor identification skills. Practice, practice, practice!!! Having a bit of a wine habit can get expensive too (especially when you begin to become more and more of a wine snob), so I have taken a part-time job at a local wine shop which allows me to get a good discount of my purchases, and gives me an insider's view of the wine business.

I have a very small collection at home. I live in Florida and it is really too hot to keep wine for long periods of time without a climate controlled cellar or refrigerator. I will post a list here soon. I am looking for a website or software program that will help me easily catalog my collection and share it online. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

I plan to use this blog to spread wine news, give personal recommendations/suggestions of the new bottles I've been drinking, and to provide reviews. I welcome comments and feedback too--let me know what you think! I'd like this to be a friendly forum for oenophiles.


No comments: